Monday, September 28, 2009

Beefkuteh aka Beef's Bakuteh



I came to this shop 1 year ago and immediately fall in love with it (I mean the food!!!). After much pestering (plus my lack of going back to Melaka), my "ahmad" finally brought me once again during our recent Raya Holiday.


*Place is full when we arrived*

We reached this place around 7.30pm and the whole place is full! There were at least 2 other groups ahead of us in the queue so ya, me and my friend were waiting patiently (not to mention hungrily) for over 30 minutes before we get a seat. Trust me, it sux to see people enjoying their yummy beef slices for over 30 minutes while you were standing near the roadside with your tummy protesting like crazy.


*Uncle busy preparing foods for loads of gluttons including both of us*

Me and my friend ordered 2 cans of 100plus a pot of beefkuteh for 2 while adding extra beef balls and fried foo chuk. Trust me, you really need to be patient to eat here cos it may take like 15-30 minutes before our food were served onto our table.


*Aww, finally the food, the delicious, the yummeh*

Finally our beefkuteh arrived, its a well portioned pot of beef slices, beef balls, foo chuk and cabbages served with 2bowls of rice. The soup isn't the typical bakuteh soup you eat, it have a strong scent of black pepper but the taste is just nice. Best part was the beef slices were not overly cooked. You can taste the tenderness of the meat that comes with little fat that blended nicely with the soup.

Total cost was RM36, but trust me, this pot of beefkuteh can easily feed up to 4-5 people. You must really try this especially during rainy season.

Info:
Place's Name: Loi's Bakuteh and Beef Stall
Address: 6022C, Jalan Penghulu Abbas, Bukit Baru, Melaka
Business Hour: 6.00pm till 10.30pm
GPS Location: N2 13.742 E102 16.624

No comments: