Saturday, September 6, 2008

The End of a Long Holiday and the Beginnng of A New Semester!

It has been quite sometime since i last updated my blog, guess I was enjoying my life too much during the holiday haha; socializing and meeting up with friends for fun and activities, freelance job, internship, famine 30 hours, boiling vcds (it was dvds actually) and more!

Famine 30 hours is basically an event organized by World Vision to raise funds for poverty children where every participant needs donate/ask for donation/accumulate a certain sum of money to join the event itself to fast for 30 hours (this is to remind everyone of the suffering and lack of food experienced by most poverty children around the world). I always have a weakness for food and can't stand hunger, my previous housemate had commented that I looked like a drug addict when didn't eat after quite sometime haha; i was basically shivering and sniffing like one :(

But guess what, I did managed to survive the event without any scar lol, it was quite fun and I managed to know a few nice people there. Given a choice, I will opt to join it again next year with a bigger gang of mine hehe, life is all about enjoying to the fullest rite? :P

Nothing much to say about boiling vcds and socializing except I was addicted to singing K in the past 2 weeks. Been visiting Neways in 1U for like 3 times in 2 weeks, which is alot considering it has been around 7 years since I last went to sing any K. Me and my friends might make it a weekly event, which is gonna burn a hole in my pocket for sure lol but at least it's not that expensive considering our last session only costs us around RM20 for 6 hours during nighttime, pretty cheap rite? :P

One amazing moment I had during the holiday was when I was working freelancing as a promoter in Bangsar Village last Sat and Sun. I saw something really beautiful there, not chio girls la but a very talented pianist with alot of discrepancies. Blind, hearing problem (he needed a hearing aid) and most important of all, he was someone with learning disability and you can see he was not normal compared to us, but the songs he played is up to par with many professional pianist. I was so amazed by his play that I always take my lunch or dinner ASAP and basically sat there till the end of my break.

Looking at him made me realized life can be a very beautiful thing, and I was wondering if someone like him can live normally and never cry for those unfair moments in life, why should we, normal people always cry for the simplest of problems rite? They do not have the power to change their biological deficiency, yet they have such great courage to try to live a normal life whereas people like us sometimes failed to gather such courage or realized that we always have the power to change our life to be a better one. Anyway, the pianist name was Collin and he did performed in many events before such as Genting, Le Meridien to name a few. He did have his fair share of fans, some people I spoke to were actually visiting his play every now and then, and yea, you can count me as one of his fans as well. ;)

Every good thing has to come to an end though, and my new semester just started last Tuesday! Not as though I was terrified by it though since studying was already part of my daily routine for like... 15-18 years already? Nonetheless I hope to achieve good result this sem (I knew I always said the same every semester haha) in order to achieve at least 2nd upper degree for my Bachelor of Psychology course.

The first week passed off peacefully, almost too peaceful since most classes have yet to start any lecturing sessions yet (I only refer to those I attended so far). But me and my friend did have some busy time forming groups or stuffs for the upcoming group assignment for some of our subjects.

Hopefully all of us can work hard together as well as keeping an eye on one another to ensure everyone is working hard haha... ya, I do need supervision to be hardworking as I was a well-known lazy worm :(

Gambateh everyone!

No comments: