Saturday, August 2, 2008

Internship life

Had quite a hectic week since last Monday. This is because most of us are handling quite a few projects at the same time (6 interns in total). Most of the jobs are pretty boring and no brainer, but guess I don't mind at all since everything starts from basic. I guess the presence of Dr. Goh does instill a certain level of stress due to his high demand and 'perfectionist' characteristic.

The interesting part was the more difficult jobs are pilling on us, and I guess most of us would be getting lesser and lesser sleep in the next 3-4 weeks. My group of interns had been pretty nice and helpful except 1, and overall it was a great learning experience for me and the rest of the people.

Yet, working on certain corporate projects mean being realistic, in the sense of marketing, promotion and earning profits. Reality bites, competition makes people ruthless and the race to the top makes people doing what they can to beat the rest in the race.

Dr. Goh did keep reminding most of the interns about how the real world works, and that's because he wanted us to perform. I guess those advices are certainly useful for my other 5 groupmates since most of them had yet to get exposed to the real working world.

Despite appreciating those advices, I, for one never like to use it. I guess that's because I've seen alot of these ugly sides of human, and I do despise myself if I really had to use some "underhand" tactics to get things done. But I guess knowing these means you will be using it when the situation gets dire, which pretty sux.

Nonetheless I still look forward for this month since these projects are really interesting and it does require you to make good use of all those resources available to you; manpower, information, and even lecturers for consultation lol. I guess I'm lucky since I got a lecturer as consultant for one of my project. I guess that's the benefit of knowing them :p

No comments: