Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Internship Project!

I got my internship projects yesterday, only 4 out of 6 that I wanted. Guess I was abit greedy but I thought "the more the better since I'm there to learn and the more I involved, the more I get expose to". Again... guess I was too greedy :(

The 4 jobs were World Famine 30 hours, Corporate Training, Website for students and HELP Psychology Challenge.

a) World Famine 30 hours:
This was my 3rd priority and I got it. I like being part of the organizer in any event and I guess I would like this one. But the bad side of this project is u need to fast for 30 hours! Honestly, I'm not sure if I can do that cos I can have some weird symptoms such as shivering and even running nose when without food for certain period of time! Pretty weird huh lol... I'm not sure the exact job description since we will only be briefed about it on Wednesday.

b) Corporate Training:
This was my 1st priority due to the fact Dr. Goh, my supervisor in this intern stated that we have the chance to follow his team and help out with any corporate training they are giving to clients (our college do offer corporate training services to other companies). Such experience will surely be valuable! Basically this project might required us to help out with gathering and compiling necessary information on any corporate training topic, not sure if we're required to do any other things though.

c) Website for Psychology:
This was my 2nd preference, and Website for Psychology is basically a search engine related website for students not from HELP that are interested in Psychology, and its concept was really very interesting. I guess I'm involved with design or ideas on how to develop this website?

d) HELP Psychology Challenge:
This was my 5th preference, and suprisingly I got it. HELP Psychology challenge is an event by our Psychology department that challenged non-psychology students (secondary school) to write an essay about any psychology topic, and the winner could get a full sponsorship for our Psychology programme in HELP, pretty nice rite? There are various jobs which we're involved in (coordination, marketing, PR, etc) and I have yet to be assign to any job yet.

Projects that I applied but didn't get:

a) Website for Student Activities:
This was also my second preference since it's under the same topic (WEBSITE FOR STUDENTS) together with my other project, Website for Psychology. Kinda disappointed since I think this project is more interesting and I have more to offer for this project compared to the other one. Oh, and I did email and asked whether I can get involved with it or not though lol, so greedy rite?

b) Website for Student Feedback:
This was some kind of self-evaluation website, which I didn't get as well. The concept are more vague and harder to implement, but nonetheless it was an interesting project, I guess.

I guess this would be a nice internship and I didnt regret joining it due to some of its projects are really interesting and comes with some great vision. Hopefully I can contribute something to these projects... ^_^

No comments: