Monday, July 7, 2008

The Malaysia political scene...

“Drama”. That's the only word fit to describe our current local political scene I wonder why households paid nearly RM100 a month (or more) to Astro to watch drama when the best is so much cheaper in local newspaper or internet. This drama and its two main actors, Anwar and Najib certainly contained more action than Jet Li and Jackie Chan’s Forbidden Kingdom, funnier than Stephen Chow’s Kungfu and Shaolin Soccer (CJ7 isn’t worth mentioning, sorry), and is more passionate than Tony Leung’s Lust, Caution.

Why it has more action? It’s because a new twist in the political scene emerged every few days and its plot is definitely very unpredictable. Why it is funny? OMG you must have some mental problem if you ask this. Don’t you think it’s funny to see politicians of great stature (and supposing smart, or maybe not) falling into a simple trap that normal “rakyat” like you and I can? Passionate wise, I can only say, hate exists due to love. Figure out yourself (don’t ask me cos I only make it up).

First there was the claim by Malaysia Today’s author, Raja Petra about Najib’s wife involvement in Atlantuya’s case. Then, there was this sodomy charge against Anwar, the same thing that causes him to go to jail back in 1998. Then a private investigator appears out of nowhere to present a statutory declaration about Najib’s involvement in Atlantuya’s case, only to retract it a day later.

I don’t plan to touch on the whole Atlantuya’s case due to the cloudy nature of the case. But Najib certainly isn’t doing himself any good by keeping silence so far instead of making a defamation charge of some sort. Maybe there was indeed a certain connection…

For the sodomy case, most people might think Anwar could be at the losing side but I felt it was a blessing for him instead. Why? Let me list out the reasons-

a) It must be handled with great care, a repeat of 1998’s disgraceful way will add more shit into the current BN bandwagon.
b) The public is sympathize with Anwar, creating a more ideal scene for him to pull people to his side.
c) Foreign country like US is already condemning our government in handling the case, what’s better to have some strong friends to offer social support rite?
d) You can’t proof a sodomy case unless there was physical evidence, let’s say sperm in Saiful’s butt… Semen on mattress in the “crime scene” could only proof a sexual activity took place, but not Anwar sodomizing Saiful.
e) Anwar claimed he had alibi
f) Logically thinking, how can a 60+ year old man outpowered a 20+ young man. I seriously can’t find a logic way to explain this. I guess not even Einstein could do it.

The only way to prove the case beyond reasonable doubt is to find the correct semen sample in Saiful’s violated body part or a Chua Soi Lek-type video which I doubt its existance. Or maybe BN can employ and do a CSI thingy and pray it does work miracle.

Back to the sodomy case, the funny twist was how Saiful, an enemy from Pakatan Rakyat's camp can approach Najib for scholarship as well as reporting a sodomy case.

Sorry Mr. Najib

I had to apologize to the fact that I thought all politicians are self-centered and only work towards their own interest. Mr. Najib, our DPM proved me wrong by providing “human services” to youth of the current media scene, Mr. Saiful, the “victim” of Anwar’s current sodomy charges.

I’m sorry Najib, because I didn’t know Malaysia had such a caring leader in you. Instead of contributing to the development of Malaysia (which is calling for dire help for development), you instead put effort in the most basic of all contribution, to attend to the need of an individual. You open your arms and welcome this nobody and have the time to “listen” and the heart to feel “empathy” (I haven’t even talk about you helping him on his loan matter. What a minister you are! I have some problems of my own lately, isit ok if I come to find you as well?

I’m sorry Najib, because I didn’t know Malaysia had such a caring leader in you. Who cares about Michael Chong of MCA since we can come to you straight rite? With your power and position, I believed things can be solved even faster, making the overall process more efficient. But I guess you will be busier lately since you are so diligent in attending to your “rakyat’s” call, unlike your boss which only has all the talk but no action.

I’m sorry Najib, because I didn’t know Malaysia had such a caring leader in you. I didn’t know DPM had the time now to even counsel sodomy victim. But I believed you “specially” took your time off because an individual matter can’t be overlook, or maybe you’re setting a good example for the rest of the more inefficient guys to follow. What a leader. I hope you also open your door to ah long victims, snatch thief victim as well as victims as hit and run like my poor self here.

I’m sorry Najib, because I didn’t know Malaysia had such a caring leader in you. I believed you met Saiful because he was traumatized by the event as the offender was none other than Anwar. But Mr. Najib, I was also traumatized by lots of events. I was traumatized by the recent hike of living costs, was traumatized by not enough money and was traumatized by my school work and exam. Can you spare some of your precious moment for me?

I’m sorry Najib, because I didn’t know Malaysia had such a caring leader in you. You’re helping a dropout student like Saiful to secure loan even though he got a very low CGPA (I consider mine low, but he’s much lower). I wonder what help can u help me since I need to secure study loan as well.

Last but not least, I can't help but to admire Anwar. I suspect he was the mastermind behind his own sodomy charge as well as the statuotary declaration by a private investigator on Najib's involvement in Atlantuya's case. If it was as how I suspected, I must admit the execution of such plan is near flawless. Please don't get me wrong, I for one don't agree using the political scene as well as the welfare of all Malaysian for personal gain. But I can't help to feel relieve cos finally there was someone smart (unlike the many in our government that never think before they talk) is threatening our government, and even though it was all words till now, yet the hope of bringing a new future to Malaysia could lie on this man.

Who knows, for you and I can't predict the future. As such, isn't better to enjoy the drama instead?

No comments: