Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Movie Fest?

Was able to catch 2 movies that I anticipated for quite sometimes; Dark Knight and Red Cliff, with the former on Monday and latter on Tuesday. I had to say both movies didn't disappoint me, and I do recommend any movie lovers to watch both, Dark Knight especially if you haven't do so.

There was this interesting quote that I saw from Red Cliff from Zhuge Liang, where he said to Sun ShangXiang, "Unique people are often misunderstood by others". This brings me back to think about social norms and conformity that we learned in Social Psychology, where social norms are "invisible" rules in social interaction, where someone that doesn't follow social norms tend to be ridiculed as abnormal, weird and many other funny tags.

I guess that was pretty sad kind of thought, cos everyone should be unique in their ways, yet most people need to act out of their will (past researches found that most people don't like to comply to social norms if given a choice) in order to gain acceptance and avoid negative feelings such as anxiety, etc...

I guess such perception is kinda sad cos people that try to be themselves are "discourage" to do so. At least I'm one of those few feeling proud not to follow certain social norms which i deemed stupid, but of cos there are also certain norms which could bring benefit to everyone such as conformity to enviromental care, cleaniness programs etc...

What I want to address is that, be proud of who you are and don't be afraid to be yourself in public ;)

And yea, I'm also anticipating Mummy 3 this coming 31st July!

No comments: